You will receive a FREE initial interview to see if I am the doula for you.
When you hire me, you will get an independent and self-employed doula. As your doula, I am working for you, and your partner, and not your care provider or hospital. I accompany you in labor either at a hospital, birth center, or home. Provided in your package is emotional support, physical comfort, and as needed, assistance in communication with medical staff to ensure you have the information you need to make informed choices. You will receive suggestions for labor progress, help with relaxation, breathing, massage, positioning, and other techniques for the YOUR comfort.
You are provided with doula services for three to four hours after birth, or until you are comfortable and ready for quite time together. If you need someone to stay with you while your partner runs errands, I am able to remain with you longer.
You will receive assistance with the initiation of breastfeeding to ensure correct latching and a lasting breastfeeding experience. You have the benefit of continuous breastfeeding counseling by phone or text up to one year of your baby's birth by phone or text.
You, also, get a postpartum visit at your home within two weeks of your baby's birth. You will get an evaluation, breastfeeding support, and any of your questions answered. You are given help in any possible manner and a review of the birth. You will have an opportunity to provide any feedback concerning my services.
The following are the services you will be provided:
• Emotional, physical and informational services before, during, and after birth
• 2 pre-birth visits including: birth plan counseling, and childbirth counseling (first visit must have
partner present if available)
• Unlimited telephone consultations
• On call 24-7 from 38 weeks until labor begins
• Uninterrupted support during labor, birth, and postpartum until the new parent and child are
comfortably settled to ease bonding
• Labor support with relaxation techniques, breathing, massage, birth ball, rebozo use, etc.
• Immediate initial breastfeeding support up to 6 weeks postpartum
• One post-birth follow-up in-home visit 1-2 weeks after birth, or sooner if you require a visit sooner.