You will receive a FREE initial interview to see if I am the doula for you. For rates, click HERE
I am independent and self-employed. As a doula, I am working for the mother and father, not their caregiver or hospital.
As a doula, I accompany women in labor either at a hospital, birth center, or home. I am on call 24-7 beginning at 38 weeks gestation up until labor begins for mothers who retain me as their doula.
I provide emotional support, physical comfort, and as needed, assistance in communication with medical staff to ensure mothers and fathers have the information they need to make informed choices.
I make suggestions for labor progress, help with relaxation, breathing, massage, positioning, and other techniques for the mother's comfort.
I assist with the initiation of breastfeeding to ensure correct latching and a lasting breastfeeding experience. I provide continuing breastfeeding counseling up to one year of the baby's birth by phone or in the home.
I remain with the mother for three to four hours after birth, or until the mother is comfortable and the family is ready for quiet time together.
I meet with the parents at their home within 3-7 days of the baby's birth for a postpartum visit. I evaluate the mother, give breastfeeding support, answer any questions, help in any possible manner, review the birth, admire the new baby, and receive any feedback concerning my role.
The following are the services I provide as a doula:
• Emotional, physical and informational services before, during, and after birth
• 2 pre-birth visits including: birth plan counseling, and childbirth counseling (first visit must have
partner present if available)
• Unlimited telephone consultations
• On call 24-7 from 38 weeks until labor begins
• Uninterrupted support during labor, birth, and postpartum until mother and child are comfortably
settled to ease bonding
• Labor support with relaxation techniques, breathing, massage, birth ball, rebozo use, etc.
• Immediate initial breastfeeding support up to 6 weeks postpartum
• One post-birth follow-up in-home visit 1-2 weeks after birth, or sooner if you require a visit sooner.
Click below for: